Ermes – Intelligent Web Protection is a company providing advanced web security solutions for enterprises. Recognized by Gartner as the exclusive vendor for “Browser Security” in Italy and Europe, and a top 100 Cybersecurity AI company worldwide, Ermes revolutionizes web protection with its proprietary technology and aims to create a safer web experience for everyone.
As a GREAT PLACE TO WORK, we prioritize goals over hours, offer work-life balance, gender parity, and parenting support, and provide extensive benefits and training opportunities.
Join Ermes in transforming web security and shaping a safer digital world!
We can’t wait to have you abroad, but first, meet our values:
- EXPERTISE– We believe in the power of engaged talents.
- COURAGE – If you do not risk, you will never achieve anything great.
- AMBITION – We don’t want to create something big, but bigger.
- INNOVATION – What’s done is done. Let’s create something new!
- TRUST – Self-confidence is the starting point, but trusting your team is the first step to success.
- TRANSPARENCY – We try to be the example of what we would like to find around us.
- EXCELLENCE – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and learning.
- FOCUS ON GOALS – Everyday challenges are more appealing if you think by goals.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Junior Backend Engineer to help build innovative solutions that enable rapid protection from the threats of the web.
You will work on the design and implementation of the backend services and infrastructure for the Ermes software platform, mainly working on APIs and microservices.
You are expected to write reliable and tested code and engage in code reviews for the other team members, always keeping security in mind. You will be part of a highly skilled team, which will help you get on track with our infrastructure and code principles.
Key requirements include:
- BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Good programming proficiency in Python or other high-level programming languages
- Experiences with NoSQL Databases like MongoDB or with classic relational model databases
- Good knowledge of REST APIs concepts and development
- Knowledge of Git (Git-Flow branching model)
- Knowledge of secure code design guidelines and attitude to constantly improve your skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Fluent in spoken and written Italian
Nice to have:
- MS or PhD in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working with web frameworks for Python (e.g., Tornado, Flask, FastAPI)
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Knowledge of software engineering processes, agile methodologies, tools, test development
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Cloud deployments (AWS, GitHub Actions)
- Familiarity with cloud-native development principles and microservices architectures
- A disciplined approach to development, documentation, and code structure
WHAT WE OFFER:
💰 A competitive salary
🤩 A young work environment
🏡 Smart working
💳 Welfare annual package for travel, gift card and health (3.500,00 €)
🎫 Meal vouchers (7,00 € per day)
💡 Training & development Initiatives
🌈 Diversity friendly workspace
🎈 Fun with Friday night appetizer
Job location: Turin
Please send your CV to [email protected] and include examples of any projects or applications you’ve worked on (either independently or as part of your work/studies) and what role you played in them.
These announcements are addressed to both sexes, pursuant to laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, pursuant to legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.